mercredi 29 avril 2015

Too tired for a broad joke? Or was it a good one, even?

ED had a picture status with “Big Apple, meet your Anus” (misspelled for “Angus”and probably not on the busses, but photoshopped).

JS
Yes, spelling matters.

DG
The boyth in the Village thertainly apprethiate it.

HGL
I wonder if lisping is an anti-Spanish slur among Hispanics, historically?

A Colonial would pronounce caza as kussuh, a Spaniard as kuththuh.

Not to be confused with the other word casa, which both Colonials and Spaniards pronounce kussuh.

Btw, by Spaniard you should understand "North Spaniard". Seville has seseo like Latin America.

EB
That is so funny!

HGL
now, spelling matters in some connexions but not others

pheasant, feasant, faisant, phaisant are four spellings for one word

Mozart spelled German in ways which would in modern schools (he was homeschooled and writing German correctly was not a major point) have earned him bad marks.

And Shakespear, whether his orthography was fixed or not in his own mind, certainly lived in a day when orthography varied, and neither consistently used the orthography of Dr Johnson which is still in English use, nor the (ugh) reformed orthography of the US.

I don't mind US pronunciation, but taking away the u from "colour" doesn't add the pronunciation of an r which is already there. That said, if US people WANT to spell it "color" as if borrowed directly from Latin (not the case), spelling does not matter so much they should be forced to do otherwise - as in turn they should not ask me to adopt their spelling either.

ED
Spelling doesn't matter in this photo, either. It's actually a good description of what McDonald's served.

HGL
I am not that hard on McDonald's, especially not in US where you can ask for raw onion rings (you can still do that, right?)

ED
I assume so. Their food scares me. I can eat a triple cheeseburger, feel like crap for an hour, and then feel like I didn't eat anything at all.

HGL
might that be the choice of triple cheeseburgher?

ED
Yes, but in my defense, they're a hamburger restaurant.

HGL
True. If I go to an ice cream restaurant and take a bowl with ten scoops, will your defense be it was an ice cream restaurant?

Or would you find that less defensible?

ED
Oh, I simply mean that the quality of food is bad. A triple cheeseburger at McDonald's isn't really that much food. It equals about 1 normal cheeseburger at a decent restaurant. It's just the fact that it's enough to make me feel like I ate something substantial, but the aftermath is horrible.

They used to make their burgers out of pink slime. They claim they've changed that, but I suspect they just changed the colour.

HGL
Perhaps the one cheeseburger at a normal restaurant was better suited for your stomach because it was one. Like if I went to ice cream restaurant next door next day and took only three scoops, was the difference the restaurants or the quantity?

As to "pink slime", meat is pink until fried and sometimes slimy.

Did you mean sth else?

MJB
^Are you autistic?

HGL
Who of us? Why?

MJB
Not ED.

Because you're analyzing (heh) the shit out of a joke.

HGL
Ah, me. Why? Because I find the rejection of McDo excessive or because I have too little sleep to appreciate a joke?

In the latter case, how about getting me paid for what I write (an offer ED knows of) and when I get enough sleep, we'll see if I can take a joke as it should?

MJB
Right. That's our responsibility. Silly me, I forgot you were entitled to that.

HGL
ED himself complained of not being rich enough to get a girl.

I gave him a link to my offer.

I did not say it was in any way YOUR responsibility MJB, unless you happen to be a bit dissatisfied with your present income and might need a possibility. Get the difference?

MJB
Autistic, gotcha.

HGL
Something which however IS your responsibility is to NOT block that revenue for me by, for instance, telling ED he should NOT use my offer, whether because you find me autistic or because you ANALYZE the SHIT out of my serious offer.

Get the difference?

MJB
"...how about getting me paid for what I write..."

Why should I get you paid?

HGL
Yes, how about the REST of the quote, like the fact ED knows of an offer which he may or may not have shown you but you haven't told me he has shown you?

By the way, I am not too autistic to notice at least on FB what games people are playing.

You are friends with Hugh MacDonald a musician who knows about another offer, related to my compositions. You are also friends with one Hoffmann whom I disagreed with on astronomy and what are proofs or not.

Do I smell some kind of intrigue? I do.

ED
Gentlemen, can I suggest a peaceful discussion about Anus burgers?

ED
And HGL, if I could donate, I promise I would. I'm barely able to contribute to my parish.

HGL
ED, can I suggest that you do not call someone a gentleman who brings up barbaric modernist "diagnoses" like autism? THOSE creeps have been at me for years, in the nooks and corners of my existence.

MJB
Or, just allowing a joke to stand, unmolested, free to be giggled at?

HGL
He made the joke April 25 at 7:32am and it must stand unalysed for all eternity?

HGL
What about getting some MORE by using my offer?

ED
I don't recall your offer. I'm sorry.

HGL
That was to ED, now as to MJB, it seems you might be autistic, you have forgotten what FB walls are for.

ED
Did you pm it to me?

HGL
No, I wrote it openly on the wall, probably of a common friend. Or yours, can't recall.

By the way, if you give me a minute, I will post it here again!

hglwrites : A little note on further use conditions
https://hglwrites.wordpress.com/a-little-note-on-further-use-conditions/


MJB
I have to be honest, I am seriously amused that *I* of all people am considered a part of some conspiracy. I gotta go. Hasta la vista, Hans-Georg. We're watching you.

HGL
Ah, the guys whom I do suspect are those who are "seriously amused".

MJB
You're wise to be wary. I have to go report to my handlers now. Sleep tight.

HGL
Not the hour for sleep here.

MJB
It never is with *us* around, muahahahahahahaha!!

KS
I eat cheeseburgers when I eat at McDonald's too. But, the anal burger will give me pause. I, for one, am glad all those autistic folks have cleared out so we can talk beef.


It seems it was arranged on purpose that it was not ED but MJB who asked “why should I get you paid” etc. I had invited it if he autistically mistook “you” as my meant “you in general” for “you” as in him specifically.

If ED had asked me the question, and if I had been let into the staircase this night so as to have decent sleep, I might have answered “why do you want your employer who pays you bad to get paid from you?” Because any employee is making sure his employer is paid, otherwise he is fired and ins’t paid himself. A self employed printer of my blogs would also make sure I was paid, but he not I would be deciding how much for himself and how much for me. Which is how I am more favourable an option than an employer.

If ED really respects guys like KS or MJB more than me, that rather than his low income might be the reason why he’s not married.

As to the point “spelling matters”* that has been brought up against my writing. An US American spell check on any of my own English texts would detect lots of British spellings as “spelling mistakes”in Swedish people have in Communistic fashion presumed either spelling inability or “autistic” desire for singularity because I have taken a hatred to Swedish politics including the spelling reforms, and in French, as a Swede, I have no real ear for when it is “réprésenter or représenter”(in our language in certain unaccented syllables, it’s different sounds for same letter and both sounds acceptable) and which any even half decent corrector could easily detect when I make a fault, so, it is easy to make a faulty assumption about my general spelling capacity - when I get enough sleep, that is. Lack of sleep makes spelling capacity less than it should be, at times.

* As I am NOT French, in my native language a final S is NOT silent, so I am not likely myself to make the linguistic fault in English to omit or add a finals S contrary to English grammar. Since it was not there, I presume some access admin (not to be confused with forum admin) made a little practical joke so as to make my English look worse than it is. Had I been a native Frenchman, the idea would have been perfect.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire