jeudi 26 mai 2016

On FB and not on its walls : FB prudence

Post by Dymphna
On the subject of FB, but not on its walls, since on her blog instead, see this post:

Dymphna's Road : random thoughts
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 | Posted by Dymphna at 10:20 PM
https://dymphnaroad.blogspot.fr/2012/05/i-admire-dedication-and-organization.html


Her third "random thought":
Facebook is a dangerous toy. I was reading a co-worker's page at her invitation and it left me almost quesy. I learned a few disgusting things about some other co-workers that I REALLY would have prefered not to know. None of these people would stand up in a conference room at work and say these things but they cheerfully wrote it up on Facebook. When you get on Facebook you are exposing your personal business and the business of your friends to the whole gawking world. You may think nobody but your nearest and dearest are going to read it but that's just wishful thinking. Once it's online it's public and it's forever. It only takes one person to pass on a post that they read and then boom you have some 'splainn' to do at work or school or home. People have gotten divorced, fired, demoted, expelled from school, arrested and even been exposed to death threats becuase of things they stupidly wrote on Facebook. I've told my friends and family that I'm passing on this fad.

Comments :
Limiting my quote to this topic.

Joe Potillor said...
[...] I've made my facebook unserarchable.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...
"When you get on Facebook you are exposing your personal business and the business of your friends to the whole gawking world."

Unless you have the sense to keep personal business that's personal into PMs and such ...

As I am writing and debating, I obviously have lots to share which I very much do NOT mind sharing with the world.

Suppose I share I am Geocentric.

There are schools where I will not be hired if they know.

But if I am hired, I will try as soon as possible to share it anyway, and even get kicked out of the school, since to serve in a school where Geocentrism is off limits is to serve Satan and to destroy the souls of students.

So, I have every interest to share the fact I am Geocentric, both on FB and elsewhere.

As to those who make stupid comments about it in a debate, well, I kind of expose THEM, but unless they are public persons themselves, I anonymise them.

Dito for fact I am not a fullfledged believer in a proto-Indo-European single and lost language of which others are daughter languages.

The similarities could be Sprachbund or superstrate. Giving Hittite as in Nesili a kind of possibility of providing that superstrate, otherwise possibly a lost "esperanto" between early IE langs affecting them into becoming similar.

A school where I can't share that is a school where I shan't serve, if I can at all avoid it.

Dito, of course, when it comes to my support for young marriages.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire